Monday, April 04, 2011

Ugh

Why?? Why do I forget about NaBloPoMo on the very second day?? And of course, once I forget that, is there any point trying to continue? Okay, sure, I might do the occasional blog post this month, but I guess I don't see any point in making the daily effort.

My daughter went to a slumber party, so my husband and I went out to dinner and a movie. We saw Source Code with Jake Gyllenhaal. We thought it was fantastic and will be a catalyst for many interesting theoretical discussions.  We ate at Lucille's Smokehouse BBQ. The food was delicious. Too delicious. When we got home, we writhed on the bed groaning, "Why?...Why?...Why?" This was April 2nd and I still hadn't thought about NaBloPoMo despite my post on April 1st.

The next morning we picked up our daughter, had an early lunch at Denny's then drove down to San Diego --Coronado Island actually and rented a bicycle surrey at the Coronado Ferry Landing and pedaled around a little bike path a little bit past the bridge and then back to the Bikes and Beyond shop.  This is basically what it looked like:
After that, we had a snack at the Coronado Cupcakery. I had a Black Bottom Betty:

which was DELICIOUS!!  Here is the description: Chocolate cupcake with cheesecake and chocolate chips baked into it and cream cheese frosting. It was so moist and flavorful!  Charley and Ceana shared a Coconut Carla:


I didn't taste that so I can't say how it was, but Charley ate the whole thing. Ceana actually didn't share much of it because she thought it was too sweet and just had the muffin (we aren't sure what kind of muffin, but she finished almost the whole thing and it was pretty big.)

After that, we went to Seaport Village, had dinner at Marion's Fish Market. Charley and I had the Two Fish Tacos Combo --meaning it came with a choice of soup. I had the clam chowder and Charley had the seafood gumbo. Ceana got the kid's meal of popcorn shrimp and chips. The fish tacos weren't the best I've ever had, but not the worst. The clam chowder was very tasty. I'd go there again just for the clam chowder.

Then Ceana and I made our way to shops that I wanted to visit. The first stop was The Mugger. Ceana got the Joe Cool mug:


And I got the Beatles Anthology mug:


I also wanted the Yellow Submarine mug: 

 but we still had two more shops to visit....
So off we went to The Upstart Crow. This is my most favorite shop in Seaport Village. This shop makes me want to move walking distance to the village just so I can go here daily. Ceana got one of the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" books that she hasn't read yet, some gum that contained Shakespearian insults inside the little boxes they in which they were packaged, and pad with a form to fill out that says "I Tried It!" to record new things she has tried.

I got "The Collected Poems of Sylvia Plath" and I bought Charley the book, "This is Your Brain on Music."

   


Finally, we went to the California Candle Gallery. They don't have a webpage but the woman making the candles (Angie) does beautiful work. We bought a small candle for $15. The large ones are $25, but I figured we'd already overspent for the day. Here are a couple of pics of Ceana's candle:





Until next time!


No comments: