Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Walking and Writing and Weights




In Stephen King's On Writing, he wrote that when he is writing, he writes every day. He writes at least 2,000 words per day and he walks four miles per day. For him, the walking helps to clear his head. He suggests other writers do the same, but for those not in the habit, to start of smaller--like maybe 1,000 words per day. This is my plan. I started on May 1st. I got the walking in. He allows for one day off per week--but only one. I took Sunday off from walking and writing. Apparently, I have also taken Saturday and Monday off as well. At least I did do some writing. I wrote in at least one of my blogs every day. Not nearly 1,000 words, though. I keep staring at the blank page on the screen. I have so many different ideas, I wish I could type them simultaneously. I realize I could type them all out on the same page, but I am having a hard time deciding which one to write first. Hopefully, today I will suck it up and just do it! I will keep you posted on my progress!

No comments: