Wednesday, December 01, 2010

NaBloPoMo Day ONE

The theme this month is ZEITGEIST

 Today, I'm going to use the writing prompt on the nablopomo site and see how it can tie in with the theme for the month. The prompt for today is: If you could stop your body from aging at any point in your life, what age would you want to stay at and why?


That one was easy for me. Of course I would have to go back in time to do this, but I would pick 27. I had already had my twins, but my body was in the best shape it had ever been in. Of course this is about aging, so even if I had been overweight, I don't think the premise of the prompt would preclude the ability to lose weight. At 27, I'd still be able to take the pounds off fairly easily. 

Today, and really even in the past several decades, there has been a shift toward desiring to maintain one's youth. Plastic surgery, collagen injections, Botox injections, dermabrasions,  and now, shaving the pubes! Or waxing (!!) 

I could go on about this, but I have to eat lunch so that my food will be properly digested and I won't have to get up and go to the bathroom during my daughter's spelling bee today!





No comments: