Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Bernat Mystery CAL 2012

Yeah, I'm not quite done. Everyone else is done, but not me. I am almost done. I only have the edging to finish, though I didn't put it together the way they suggested. Here is a link to the Bernat CAL forum. The first two photos are examples of how the afghan was supposed to be put together. You may have to login or register to be able to view the photos. As you scroll down and view the next pages of the forum, you will see that not everyone put their afghans together the way  the instructions suggested. Some people added more pieces, some used more of one color than another.

We were given clues every week. We were told to by a certain number of skeins in whatever colors we wanted, so there would be a main color, color A, color B, etc. I'm not happy with the shade of green I picked for my afghan. I guess that's what I get for ordering my yarn online and trusting the colors. If I ever do something like this again, I think I'll get the yarn in person.

So here's my almost finished afghan. I'm only showing a corner of it, in hopes that I'll be done by Friday, when I'll show you the whole thing:

I wasn't supposed to stitch it together this way. The stitches weren't supposed to show up. Also, I'm making up my own edging. There are a couple of other differences that I'll talk about in a future post.








1 comment:

Donna said...

I love the colors you chose for that!