Tuesday, June 03, 2014

The Queen of Procrastination is Still Posting on Day 3

Big whoop, right? It's 10:41 PDT and I'm finally starting my post for the day. I have an alarm set on my phone to go off at 10:45 AM every day to remind me to do a blog post to keep up with NaBloPoMo. I keep it showing on my phone until I finish my post and hit "Publish."

I manage to find every mundane thing to do before I do my post. I had planned on doing a short story from a writing prompt. Instead, I ended up writing an alternate ending summary to a short story one of my fellow writing group members had written. I was going to post my short story here. I am not going to post my summary, because, well, it's just a summary. Also, I didn't get permission from my friend to repost his story here.

The whole time I was writing the summary, and even now, a recording of the Cosmos (an episode from back in April) has been playing. It's making it moderately hard to concentrate. I could turn off the TV but have become so ingrained in having it on at this hour with my husband sitting next to me in bed, flipping through his Facebook while half/watching and listening to Cosmos, or whatever other program is on. I'll have to say, usually by this time, he has checked out and is snoring away by now because he has to get up early for work.

That is all I have to write for now. Hopefully, I will be better disciplined tomorrow.

No comments: