Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Facebook Foibles (NaNoWriMo vignette #4)


This is one that did not make the read aloud cut. It is obvious why. It was written using Write or Die set at 500 words per 15 minutes. I have edited it to be in script format. Originally, it was only the words of the dialogue with no character names, scene heading or description. If I were to keep any portion of this for an actual complete script, I would prune it down a bit. I might have one of the characters acknowledge that all "Man" has to do is un-tag himself in the photo --just as my husband reminded me. Still, un-tagging wouldn't get rid of the photo, nor of the account holder's ability to tag it again. Okay, so for your reading...uh...pleasure? "Facebook Foibles"

INT.-- master bedroom - day

A MAN and WOMAN are having a "discussion."

WOMAN

Okay, so I don;t understand why your ex thought it would be funny to take a picture of you in the shower. How did she manage to get inside anyway?

MAN

I really have no idea. I changed the locks after she left.

WOMAN

What company did you use?

MAN

Company?

WOMAN

Locksmith.

MAN

Oh. I just went to the hardware store and picked up a bunch of new door knobs and did it myself.

WOMAN

Oh. Did she know you did that?

MAN

Well, she must've figured it out when she broke in today. I mean of course her key didn't work.

WOMAN

I thought you said you got that back from her.

MAN

I did, but I thought she might have made a copy. Whey do you think I changed the locks?

WOMAN

Good point. So how do you think she broke in?

MAN

I don't know. Maybe I forgot to lock it when I got the paper this morning.

WOMAN

That's weird. You always lock the door.

MAN

You say that like you think I left the door unlocked on purpose so that my ex girlfriend could walk in my house, take a picture of me in the shower and then post it on Facebook.

WOMAN

You know, you can get that picture taken down.

MAN

I know, but it's so much trouble. I don't want to get her banned from Facebook or anything.

WOMAN

Well, it not like she can't just get another account with a different email address.

MAN

No, she'd also have to use another computer because they have that information, They can look up those number thingies that tell people where your are, what computer you are using.

WOMAN

Oh, well too bad! She made a choice to post that picture. I guess poor baby's gonna have to use a public computer now, or someone else's computer if she want to go on Facebook. I'm sure she'll have no trouble getting soneone to let her use their computer. She's very friendly.

MAN

Umm...okay...

WOMAN

You know, I can get that picture taken down for you if you want, and I can't do it wout having to contact Facebook.

MAN

How? Are you going to hack her account?

WOMAN

No. I'll just send her a little notice in legalese threatening a lawsuit. I'll also let her know that if she doesn't take it down, we will go to Facebook and she will have her account suspended for refusing to take it down.

MAN

I guess that might be okay.

WOMAN

Yeahm but you know, it would be better if you did it.

MAN

Why me?

WOMAN

Because coming from me, it'll sound like it's your jealous girlfriend. She might think that you don't mind your picture being up there. That you don't mind all of our frinds on Facebook thinking you were willing to give her access to you while you were in the shower so she coud take tha picture.

MAN

Oh come on! No one is going to think that!

WOMAN

Why wouldn't they? It's not like there are any captions there except for Stacey's "Ooopsy! I didn't know you were in the shower! LOL!"

MAN

Okay, but clearly by my expression, you can tell I wasn't expecting it.

WOMAN

Yeah, but you could have had that expression even if wer allwoing her to be in this house while you took a shower. What would seem more outrageous is if anyone thought she actually broke in to your house to take that picture!




No comments: