Friday, August 05, 2011

Nothing Comes to Mind...

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times....
That is the only opening line that immediately comes to mind*. Obviously, it isn't my creation. My own opening line? I can't think of any offhand. I've been sitting here for several minutes and still, nothing comes to mind.

What does keep coming to my mind recently is how I have apparently been watching too much BBCAmerica because there I was watching a program where one of the characters is supposed to be from London, but I turn to my daughter, and say, "Actually, she sounds more like she's from Wales, doesn't she?" My daughter looks at me like she has no idea what I am talking about. That would be due to the fact that she had no idea what I was talking about.  But then, she doesn't watch as many programs on BBCAmerica as I do. I am now beginning to differentiate a few UK dialects from each other. Possibly around the same amount of US dialects that I could tell apart from each other--and I was born and raised here, in Southern California! Maybe I should start watching some telenovellas on Univision and see what happens?



*NaBloPoMo's writing prompt for today is: What is the best first sentence you can think of off the top of your head?

No comments: