Wednesday, February 08, 2012

WIP Wednesday...Froggin'

I don't have anything that resembles "progress" to show for today. If you go to last week's WIPW, scroll to the bottom, the sleeve for the sweater I'm making for my husband looks exactly the same. The markers on the sleeve show where I'm supposed to "make 1" at the beginning and end of the round. I got a little further on the sleeve than it shows in the photo when I realized that I had forgotten to m1 for like 3 or 4 markers. It seemed too much to "unknit" so I decided to unravel. I thought I could just unravel very carefully and then insert the needles back in.  Yes, I knew about lifelines, but never having the need to use them in the past (okay, this is not exactly true. In the past, I could have used them from time to time, but hadn't heard of them, nor had it occurred to me to use something like that), I just didn't think about needing to put one in first. You can probably guess what's coming next.

I ended up starting the sleeve over completely during Superbowl weekend. Right now, it is pretty much in the same place as it was last week.

To make up for the lack of photos, I will leave you with cute kitty pictures:.

This is Romeo. He is about a year and half.

This is Snickers. She is almost 12. She likes to blend in with the ugly sofa. She is a big kitty. Her hips dislocate, so it's been hard for her to get exercise. She's the grumpy old lady who yells at the younger kitties to get off her lawn (or stay out of her line of vision)

This is Audrey.  She will be a year old at the end of March. She is really sweet (though feisty) and is not as evil as she looks in the photo.



No comments: