Saturday, March 05, 2011

Can't Write Right Now

I can't write right now. I want to, but I can't. It's not that I don't have anything to say, I mean I loved the writing prompts at CHPerc, but here I am, sitting on my bed, typing away at the computer. I look up and there is a giant wall mirror facing me. We have an "open" room design so there is just this archway that separates the main part of the master bedroom from the bathroom area. I look up and see myself and I see my husband leaning back on the bed. He is closing his eyes, but I know he is wondering if we are going to have our appointment tonight or not. So I'm kind of feeling the pressure of that and it's making it hard to concentrate on writing. 


As I was typing out that last bit, he got up and got out his laptop and now he is getting on his computer, so I guess some of the pressure is off. It isn't that I don't want to fulfill our appointment, it's just that I want to get my writing in. I really wanted to write a little fiction piece that would incorporate one of the prompts from today. Now that he is on his computer, all I can think about is getting back to my book....it's a collection of essays by Jonathan Franzen.  It's called, "How to be Alone." I just started reading it on my Nook. After I read "The Corrections," I was going to take a break from Franzen and read "Fight Club," but I ended up loving it so much that I wanted to read more of his work. Maybe I'll just finish all the Franzen in my library before I move on to "Fight Club."


I was finishing up with reading "The Corrections" all day today which is why I didn't post anything earlier --when I would have been able to concentrate better --although, come to think of it, maybe I'd just be thinking about how I want to finish my book and not be able to concentrate on writing anyway.   Once I finished it, it was time to go to the movies. My older daughter and her boyfriend took my younger daughter and her friend to see "Rango." My husband and I went to see "The Adjustment Bureau" which was amazing! And then at the end of the film it says that it was based on a short story called "The Adjustment Team" by Philip K. Dick! I love him! Now I must read that story!


I am getting itchy to read the postings in my CHPercolators group, so see ya tomorrow!

1 comment:

Abdullah said...

no doubt that the alliance digital is now offering the opencart development services at the lowest of the cost in the usa opencart is much essential for the growth of an ecommerce store and comes with all the features such as social media, seo, inventory management, orders management, email marketing, payment integration, and others visit to learn more