Friday, June 06, 2014

Random Streaming

Why is it, the moment I decide to get down to the business of making a blog post, I have a sudden urge to lay down and take a nap? It's 9:41 PM as I type this, so I'm pretty sure the nap would extend past midnight and then I wouldn't get my blog post in for today.

What did I do today?
I took my daughter to school. I got blood drawn as I do on a regular basis to check my cholesterol, blood sugar, and other blood panel and urine panel checks to make sure all the meds I'm taking are not messing with my kidneys or other internal organs.

The results show up in my email bit by bit. Still don't have my blood sugar levels. Cholesterol was a little higher than usual. This might be because I tried getting my cholesterol meds refilled though the mail this time. I thought I gave plenty of time, but when they still hadn't arrived by the time I was out, I decided it was a fail. I gave them through the weekend, thinking that was all I was going to be without them. I checked the website on a Monday, and there was no record me even ordering them. It was possible that at the very end, perhaps I did not press one last confirmation button. I still don't know how it could have happened because I remember getting a page that said my order was complete. I couldn't wait another week to ten days, so I ordered them online to pick up at the pharmacy. Of course they would not be ready till Wednesday for pick up because I didn't order them until after noon. If it had been before noon, I could have picked them up Tuesday.

By Wednesday, we were low on funds, so I had to wait till Thursday. I forgot until Friday after the pharmacy closed. Had to wait till the following Monday. I started taking them again that Monday night. Two days later, I get a call from my doctor's office telling me it's time to come in for my blood panel and it's a fasting one. No eating after 8pm. Because I had only been back on my cholesterol meds for a couple of days, I decided to wait till the following week on Thursday to get my blood drawn. Thursday morning I woke up, not entirely sure if I had stopped eating before 8pm. So Friday, it was!

It is now 10:25 PM. It took me that long to write that little bit. I am way too easily distracted to write anything of length. I need to get into the habit of writing again...yet if I talk about it like it's work that I don't want to do, do I really want to write? I want to want to want to write. That will be my mantra this month. Maybe I will start to enjoy it again. Now it's just kind of, "Meh."

No comments: